Stayed here December 23 - 27 on the second floor, standard room.
As a well seasoned traveler, I can with all honesty say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Excluding the situational problems that would not be considered a constant issue here the following is a breakdown of the truth about this place.
1. there is no hot water and the cold water has no pressure and this comes out in a trickle. At first we thought this might only happen when everyone is most likely to be showering or the house keeping would be using the water. This is not the case, there is just no way to take a shower at any time.
2. There are bugs. Everywhere. Trust me, we expected and welcomed seeing all the creepy crawlers in Costa Rica. But a colony of red ants in the bedroom or little crawlers coming out of our pillows? Definitely takes “sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite” to a whole new level.
3. The house keeping isn’t really house keeping. We we not given new sheets or towels once.
4. The walls are paper thin. And I’m not talking about thin like the average hotel, no. In this place you could hear someone rip a fart and smell it too with the tv playing.
5. Do not waste money on renting a surf board here. Not a single one has fins, wax or a foot strap. After making the mistake ourselves we saw several surfers get inticed by low daily price and immediately walk away after seeing the conditions of the boards.