We were a family of 5, and stayed at an executive 3-bedroom suite for 8 nights.
Pros: large suite
Cons: poor room service, poor communications, unskilled staff, low grade/quality food
- The staff didn't clean our suite properly. We'd have to literally ask for the simplest things. Once, we ordered breakfast to be brought to our suite. The breakfast leftover was sitting on our table until we got back in the evening. It took a phone call plus a walk downstairs to ask the manager in person to send someone. Even then, it took an hour for the staff to show up.
- Same thing happened again; this time with dinner. It took a day for the dishes to be cleared from the table, after several phone calls.
- There appeared to be something wrong with the sewage. Bathrooms smelled real bad.
- We had to ask for toilet tissue :) The staff wouldn't pay attention while doing the cleaning.
- We were once kicked out of the restaurant, because it was rented out to a local party! The manager offered us to sit at the bar. We didn't like the atmosphere at the bar and opted for eating inside our suite.
- Apart from one of the managers, the rest of the staff didn't speak much English. This is very frustrating, and causes lots of problems.
- Our food orders got mixed up almost every time we ate at the restaurant.
- The quality of the food was low, and they sometimes seemed to have not been freshly made.
- The elevator was too small, fitting maximum 4 people at a time. We used the stairs a lot.