We travel approx. 20+ weekends a year, this is by far the worst motel/stay ever!
We was between Irvine and Richmond showing dogs, with it the weekend before Christmas we was looking for low rates. We booked this room at 60% off (no wonder why). On here it states, you have to request a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, no problem. I called Thursday to request these items be in our room and early check in (one hour early). They said okay. Got to the motel around 130 pm Friday, checked in and he asked for the cc in case there are damages. I signed a paper saying I won't smoke in a non smoking room or there will be a 150 per day fee, no other information about additional charges. I asked about the exercise room (shows on here they have one) and was told they don't have one and haven't in several months. Sigh. Walked upstairs, the smoke alarm is beeping that it has a dead battery and there is no ironing board. My husband called and he come right up, removed the smoke alarm and said he would fix it in the hall. I went downstairs to get the ironing board and was told there is only 1 for all the guests to use and she didn't know where it was. Not good! So I laid a towel on the desk, ironed the clothes and we left. We got back around 11:30p, and there is STILL no smoke alarm. We called and he told us, they didn't have one. We had to threaten to call the fire marshal to get a smoke alarm in the room. We brought our dogs & kennels upstairs for the night.
Saturday...we had to go downstairs and request towels, wash clothes and toilet paper. There was only a partial roll in the room upon check in. He then informed me that he was charging my card for the pets we had in the room. I tried explaining to him, BEFORE I booked our room that I called to confirm there was not a pet charge and the motel was pet friendly. It is posted no where in the office, nor the papers I signed when checking in. He said they charge and wouldn't honor what I was told, nor what is mentioned on here.
Sunday .... I didn't want charged for the plastic room keys so I sent my husband in to check us out, by this time I had more then enough to do with these people. The guy told my husband that there will be fees charged on the cc for the pets being in the room 2 nights when they was only in the room Friday night. Husband told the guy, it isn't posted anywhere in the room or office that there is a pet fee and he wasn't paying for the dogs being in the room Friday night. This guy finished by saying that we will never rent a room there again, and we assured him, that we NEVER would attempt to.
The windows are old and drafty. Motel is near a road and you could hear every car driving by. Lumpy pillow and a really hard bed. The only positive to this motel, they didn't have bed bugs (in our room).
I do not recommend this motel to anyone. The price is not worth the hassles!