We have never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites, and was not impressed after this experience. This was a one night stay for a tournament. Check in was so-so. Was told they would call us when room was ready, didn’t happen. 3-11 staff was disengaged and not very friendly. Room was “damp” and had strong deodorizer smell. Opened drapes and window sill had mold growing around bottom of windows and rotten wood. You could easily push you finger through the rotten wood. Asked desk staff to move rooms and was told they didn’t have any other rooms available and weren’t authorized to approve refunds. The staff came in, scraped the mold off the windows and wiped down the sill. There was also mold in other areas of the room. We looked for comparable rooms in the city but due to tournament nothing comparable was available. Within 30 minutes of being in room we all had sinus and nasal congestion that wound clear upon leaving the room. Upon checkout I let the day staff know about the issue and suggested they not rent the room to other guests until it was taken care of. In addition, there was not enough parking and had to park in the shopping center next door. Called manager on the Monday after our stay and he stated upon his inspection it was just “dirt” and that I had a choice to stay or go. I have now sent pictures of the room prior to his staff “cleaning” the room and am hopeful for resolution of this issue for the health and safety of future guests and a for a refund of our stay.