When we first arrived at the property, we were amazed at the beauty of the area and grounds. The villa itself is beautiful-traditional Tuscany farm style with an elegant aesthetic throughout. However, there were several areas that could have been improved.
1) Large rooms with elegant furnishings and excellent air conditioning (we were there when it was 90 degrees!)
2) Beautiful outdoor pool with plenty of space to lounge and spread out
3) Close to many areas in the Umbria and Tuscany areas. A good base for exploring
1) Some of the staff were rude and did not try to accommodate their guests. For example, we arrived around 7:00 pm. We were told that dinner was not available to us (we had been driving from northern Italy) because they were fully booked. However, when my husband looked at the tables, there were several openings. Having traveled all over the world, we have never been a guest at a hotel and not accommodated. This was disappointing.
2) The vibe is very depressing. It is quiet; too quiet. No one smiling, no one talking (guests, staff, etc) it was almost like being in a setting for a retirement home. When on vacation, I like to have fun. This hotel was not the place for that.
3) Parking is strange-we had a rental car and when we returned after visiting the nearby town of Cortona, there was no parking on the property. My husband parked next to the villa only to have a staff member come out and harass him to move. He was rude.