Coming from a solo female traveler, this place was an amazing choice for the following reasons:
1. The price. I don’t remember how much I paid, but it was under 150€ (est. 48,000 Ft.) for six nights, which was super amazing.
2. Getting around: the hostel partners with a local taxi service that brought me to the accommodation and scheduled a time to bring me back to the airport before my flight, which was awesome. This obviously isn’t free (and the hostel doesn’t decide the price) but it is the option I’d go with.
3. Safety and privacy: staff provided me with a keycard that could also be used to lock away my belongings, and I got a bunk in an all-female dormitory with curtains that blocked out a ton of light and sound so that I could sleep no matter what was going on. Everyone I met was super sweet - that’s the perk of staying in a hostel; you get to meet awesome people from all over.
4. Location: you’re a little far away from Old Buda; it took me 30 - 40 mins to get to most big attentions. But the walk is nice and safe! You’re also about 9km (25ish minutes) away from the airport.
5. Other things: there is no breakfast included (that I know of), but the downstairs pub is cheap and really delicious - I got a plate of gofri and a drink for under five euros. Everyone on staff is really kind and understanding, and they all speak English - so don’t worry if your Hungarian skills are rusty or non-existent.
I had such a great time here, and I will return!